The IMA is giving several awards to acknowledge the various contributions of its members. The awards are in three categories:
- De Bary Medal - Based on outstanding career research.
- Ainsworth Medal - For recognition of extraordinary service to world mycology.
- Young Mycologist Award - Awarded to outstanding mycologists early in their career.
The IMA Awards Committee (2010):
The committee consists of the Officers, and up to three members from the Executive Committee (EC).
Application deadline: July 10, 2014, to coincide with an IMC meeting the same year
- An individual may receive the same IMA Award only once.
- Self nomination is not allowed.
- Nominators must be members of the IMA.
- Nominees who are not chosen for the prize, may be re-nominated for up to two additional terms (within the year limit linked to the specific award).
Documents required (nomination folder should contain):
- A nominating letter, including a detailed evaluation of the nominee’s contributions to Mycology.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Notes: Nominations should be sent to IMA Secretary General, Dominik Begerow.
Awards consists of a certificate. The Committee may choose to make no award in a given year, if it is appropriate. Presentation of the awards will take place at the awards ceremony at the IMC meeting.